- Ph.D. student in Physics, Stanford University, Who Knows
- B.S. in Physics, University of Nevada, Reno, 2020
- B.S. in Pure Mathematics, University of Nevada, Reno, 2020
Honors and Awards
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (2020-2025)
- UC Berkeley Chancelor’s Fellowship (declined) (2020)
- UNR College of Science Senior Scholar Award (2020)
- David Westfall Scholar (2020)
- Barry Goldwater Scholar (2019)
- NSF EPSCoR Scholarship (2019)
- Leifson Physics Scholarship (2019)
- Mary Talbot Mathematics Scholarship (2019)
- Nevada Undergraduate Research Award (2018)
- Marye Williams Butler Mathematics Scholarship (2018)
- Ronald E. McNair Scholar (2017)
- Marion Young Scholarship (2017)
Undergraduate Researcher - University of Nevada, Reno
Advisor: Andrei Derevianko, Ph.D. (Dec. 2017 to Aug. 2020)
Dark matter detection using the network of atomic clocks aboard GPS satellites.
Advisor: Joshua Williams, Ph.D. (Aug. 2017 to Aug. 2020)
Photodissociation and dissociative electron attachment experiments.
Independent Projects - University of Nevada, Reno
Advisor: Vernon Davis, Ph.D. (Oct. 2018 to May 2019)
Problems in the philosophical foundations of quantum mechanics with emphasis on wave function ontology.
Advisor: Melodi Rodrigue, Ph.D. (Nov. 2017 to Dec. 2018)
Photometry of transiting planets with ground-based telescopes.
G. Panelli, B. Griffin, K. Swanson, A. Moradmand, T. Weber, T.N. Rescigno, C.W. McCurdy, D.S. Slaughter, & J.B. Williams. Dynamics of model peptide bond dissociation initiated by resonant low-energy electron attachment. ArXiV.org. Submitted.
G. Panelli. Exoplanet Detection Via Transit Photometry Using the Great Basin Observatory. Nevada State Undergraduate Research Journal.V5:I1 Spring-2019. (2019). doi:10.15629/22.214.171.124.5_5-1_S-2019_4..
- APS Far West Section Conference 2019 Nov. 1, 2019
Applying the matched-filter technique to the search for dark matter transients with networks of quantum sensors, Stanford, CA
- Undergraduate Research Summer Symposium 2019 Aug. 8, 2019
Dissociative Electron Attachment to Formamide, Reno, NV
- Physics Department Talk July 22, 2019
The Ontological Status of the Wavefunction, Reno, NV
- APS April Meeting 2019 April 12, 2019
Applying the matched-filter technique to search for dark matter with networks of precision measurement devices, Denver, CO
- Great Basin Observatory Starfest 1 Conference 2018 Oct. 14, 2018
Detecting Exoplanets with the Great Basin Observatory, Reno, NV
University of Nevada, Reno
- PHYS 181 - Physics for Scientists and Engineers II
- MATH 295 - Introduction to Proofs
- PHYS 151 - General Physics I
- Various grader appointments
- C++, C, Python, R, Mathematica, Maple, HTML
Current hobbies include learning jazz trumpet and Spanish.